Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Bask & Bloom Essentials but all thoughts and opinions are mine! Thank you for your support!
I’ve never had much of an issue with breakouts or with my skin in general, until lately! It seems that my good skin fortune has run out and now I have to actually plan and stick to a regimen because I’ve started to deal with breakouts, scarring, oiliness, etc. The closest I’ve come to building a regimen was using sweet almond oil to cleanse and moisturize my face, then using witch hazel as toner. Honestly this got me by for a long time, but I was inconsistent. So when my lack of care started to literally show up on my face, I knew I had to get it together!
There were some pretty big lifestyle changes that I knew that I needed to make to help with my skin, but I also realized that I lacked the discipline to be consistent with a DIY regimen. So I wanted to find a product line that gave me the natural elements I was looking for, didn’t have a bunch of crazy ingredients I couldn’t pronounce, and also gave me the structure I needed to create a regimen.
Bask & Bloom Essentials provides just that and I was so elated at the opportunity to not only showcase rebuilding my haircare routine with their products as my cornerstone, but also using their natural skincare line! It’s a bonus that Bask & Bloom is a business owned and operated by an amazing Black woman!
“Our goal is to continuously offer quality products with the best ingredients to promote healthy hair of all types and skin. Our products are cruelty-free and we eliminate harsh ingredients that have the potential to create more health issues.
We do not use any synthetic fragrances and our products are free from parabens, sulfates, petrolatum, formaldehyde and mineral oil.”
From About Us section on (https://baskandbloomessentials.com/pages/about-us)
The Bask & Bloom skin care line provides everything I need to create a step by step process and my skin is loving it so far! Here are the items I’ll be using in my regimen!
Product: Rose Purifying Mask
Ingredients: Rose Clay, Fuller’s Earth Clay, Australian Pink Clay and Rosewood Essential Oil
Product: Purifying Face Cleanser
Ingredients: Aloe Vera Juice, Green Tea Extract, White Tea Extract, Olive Fruit Oil, White Willow Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl Bentaine, Decyl Glucoside, Organic Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Vitamin E, Panthenol, Vitamin C Esters, Xantham Gum, Activated Charcoal, Essential Oil Blend and Optiphen.
Product: Balancing Toner
Ingredients: Aloe Vera Juice, Rose Water, Green Tea Extract, Oatstraw Extract, Lavender Extract, Polysorbate, Essential Oil Blend and Optiphen.
Product: Vibrant Radiance Facial Cream
Ingredients: Distilled water, Unrefined Mango Butter, Vegetable Emulsifier, Blueberry Seed Oil, Baobab Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Reship Oil, Camellia Seed Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Argan Oil, Guar Gum, Vitamin E, Leucidal Liquid and Phthalate-Free Fragrance
So here is my game plan for the next month at least:
- Drink one gallon of water daily (this is priority #1 because I have been slacking on my water intake which is arguably the key to having clear, glowing skin.
- Consume at least 1 green smoothie (kale or spinach+ fruits + coconut water is my fave combo)
- After my trip to Cali, no more drinking until further notice!
Weekly Mask (Sunday nights) - Rose Purifying Mask
- 15 Minute Mask/Meditation (allow 30 min total for mixture and space prep)
- Create mask mixture using liquid of choice (Aloe vera juice, green tea, water, etc).
- Rinse face with lukewarm water.
- Apply dime-sized amount to pads of fingers on one hand and rub pads of fingers on both hands together and apply to face in circular motion.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Proceed to cleansing regimen.
Daily Cleansing/Moisturizing- Purifying Face Cleanser, Balancing Toner and Vibrant Radiance Facial Cream
- Step One: Wash
- To wash my face, I add a dime sized amount of cleanser to my fingertip
- Gently scrub my face starting from my chin using a circular motion up to my cheeks, nose and forehead.
- Then I rinse with lukewarm water and allow to air-dry briefly.
- Step Two: Refresh/Tone
- Spray 2-3 times to cover my face with a thin mist.
- Depending on the day I’ll either allow it air dry, rub it in with my finger tips or with a cotton ball.
- Side note: This is my favorite part! The toner is super light weight and makes my skin instantly feel refreshed!
- Step Three: Moisturize
- Apply to freshly cleansed skin after toner
I’m super excited to start this healthy skin journey because I have come to appreciate my youthful face, but I don’t want to look like a pubescent teenager because I can’t get a handle on my breakouts! I also really love being able to go out with no make-up and not feel self-conscious because of having dark spots or pimples on my face.
This new skincare regimen will also force me to take more “me-time” on things that are truly beneficial to me. Without going into too much detail, ya girl has been wasting time on some non-sense. Self-care has taken a backseat, sadly. So you will notice much of my content over these next several months will be very much centered on building myself up from the inside out. My skin will be an obvious manifestation of that!
Be sure to head over to the Bask & Bloom instagram for some skin, hair and life inspo!